OSCE STATIONS- NOVEMBER 2018

FRANK
Site Admin

OSCE STATIONS- NOVEMBER 2018

Post by FRANK »

November MRCPI OSCE stations 2018

1- 26 year old lady , 36/40 , came with fresh PV bleed ( 150mls ) . 20/40 scan revealed low lying placenta , she missed her 32/40 scan for placental localisation . On abdominal examination , head was not engaged .

Discuss the case with the consultant .( consultant asked about APH , management plan , resuscitation )

2- exomphalos on a 19/40 scan-Discuss care plan

Consultant asked the embryology 🙄, pathology , differential diagnosis and the management plan .

3- 60year old lady with a pelvic mass reaching upto umbilicus .

Discuss reg history , examination , investigations , management . Talked about differential diagnosis , palliative chemo .

4- rest station

5- forceps: Apply forceps , show to the examiner , discuss prerequisites , after care .

6- 36/40 lady with pruritus and markedly deranged lfts . Take through history , investigations , management plan .
Recurrence risk of OC.Dose of URSO ( couldn't remember😖) I said I'll check BNF

7-45 year old , insulin controlled diabetic with dysfunctional uterine bleeding came for abdominal hysterectomy , not sure if to retain ovaries or get them removed .Things to discuss on the consent form .

( I missed asking her if she's aware of other methods to control her bleeding -like medical treatment - hormones etc , but the examiner prompted and I was able to answer )

8- urinary urge in continence - role player . Take history , examination ( only discuss ) , investigations and management plan .

9- rest station

Overall the stations were straight forward .